CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard women's volleyball team (4-13, 2-6 Ivy League) will continue conference action this weekend, returning home to host Brown and Yale, Nov. 1-2. First serve against the Brown Bears is slated for 7 p.m. on Friday, while the Crimson will take on the Bulldogs on Saturday at 5 p.m. Both contests will be broadcast on ESPN+. Harvard will celebrate its 2004, 2014 and 2015 Ivy League Championship teams during the Crimson's match against Yale in honor of alumnae weekend.
What to Know
- Mindie Mabry recorded her second double-double of the season against Dartmouth last weekend, tallying 14 kills and 15 digs. The junior outside hitter has recorded double-digit digs in seven matches this season and leads the Crimson with 2.39 kills per set.
- First-year Ashley Wang registered a season-high 25 assists against the Big Green last weekend, continuing to lead the Crimson with 5.22 assists per set, good for eighth in the conference.
- Sophomore Bella Almanza narrowly trails behind Wang with 4.54 assists per set and tops the Ivy League and the Crimson's line up in service aces her set with 0.41.
- Junior Sandra Zeng has become a steady presence in the Ivy League rankings, currently placing eighth overall in digs per set with 3.36 to pace the Crimson.
- Defensive staple Sope Adeleye leads the Crimson and the Ivy League in blocks pet set with 1.16.
- Yale enters the weekend third in the Ivy League with a 7-1 conference mark and 11-6 overall record, while Brown sits at fifth with a 2-6 league mark and 10-8 overall record.
Head coach Jennifer Weiss is in the midst of her 27th season at the helm of the women's volleyball program, where she has accumulated a 151-158 Ivy record, has led Harvard to three Ivy League titles and has guided 81 All-Ivy selections during her tenure.
Harvard will embark on its last road trip of the season, heading to Penn and Princeton next weekend, Nov. 8-9. Matches are slated to begin at 7 p.m. and 5 p.m., respectively, and will be broadcast on ESPN+.