CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Beginning a four-match road swing, the Harvard women's volleyball team (2-8, 0-1 Ivy League) will travel to Yale and Brown this weekend, Oct. 4-5. The Crimson is set to face the Bulldogs at 7 p.m. on Friday, before taking on the Brown Bears on Saturday at 5 p.m. Both contests will be broadcast on ESPN+.
What to Know
- Opening Ivy League play at home in front of a packed Malkin Athletic Center, the Crimson narrowly fell to Dartmouth in five sets to move to 2-8 on the season.
- Last time out against the Big Green, Jaimie Rao led the Crimson attack with a career-high 19 kills and .438 hitting percentage. The dominant performance from the sophomore moved her into second in the Crimson lineup in kills per set with 2.24, one spot behind junior co-captain Evelyn Gray at 2.25.
- Setters Bella Almanza and Ashley Wang continue to deliver from the service line, placing second and third in the Ivy League with 0.44 and 0.42 aces per set, respectively.
- Defensively, senior Sope Adeleye leads the Crimson and ranks second in the league with 1.14 blocks per set, while junior Sandra Zeng averages 3.22 digs per set for ninth in the conference.
- Brown enters the weekend at fifth in the standings and 8-3 on the season after dropping its conference opener to Yale last weekend, while the Bulldogs sit fourth in the league standings at 5-5 overall.
Head coach Jennifer Weiss enters her 27th season at the helm of the women's volleyball program, where she has accumulated a 151-158 Ivy record, has led Harvard to three Ivy League titles and has guided 81 All-Ivy selections during her tenure.
The Crimson will continue its road stretch, heading to Columbia and Cornell, Oct. 11-12. First serve against the Lions on Friday is slated for 7 p.m., while Harvard will match up against the Big Red on Saturday at 5 p.m. Both matches will be broadcast on ESPN+.