CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard women's volleyball team (10-9, 5-5 Ivy) will prepare for its final home contests of the 2018 season this weekend, hosting Yale and Brown at the Malkin Athletic Center, Nov. 2-3. Matches are slated to begin at 7 p.m. and 5 p.m., respectively, while Harvard will celebrate the Class of 2019 prior towards Saturday's tilt with Brown. Both matches will be broadcast on ESPN+.
What to Know
- Harvard split its contests last weekend, picking up a three-set sweep over Columbia, before falling to Cornell, 3-1. The Crimson remains at fourth in the Ivy League standings heading into its final home matches of the regular season.
- Excelling in competition at the Malkin Athletic Center, the Crimson boasts a 6-1 record in Cambridge. Harvard's record includes three sweeps over Ancient Eight opponents.
- Senior co-captain Christina Cornelius has garnered a strong showing in the Ivy League standings, placing third in blocks per set (1.13), sixth in points per set (3.60) and seventh in hitting percentage (.289).
- With one victory this weekend, head coach Jennifer Weiss will have amassed 150 career wins in the Ivy League.
- Yale heads into the weekend at the top of the Ivy League standings with a 9-1 conference mark, having gone undefeated in the month of October. Brown ranks three spots below Harvard in seventh with a 2-8 league record.
Leading the Way
Head coach Jennifer Weiss is in the midst of her 26th season at the helm of the program, where she has accumulated a 145-150 Ivy record, has led Harvard to three Ivy League titles and has guided 80 All-Ivy selections during her tenure.
Harvard will close out the regular season on the road, facing Princeton and Penn, Nov. 9-10. First serves are set for 7 p.m. and 5 p.m. and will be broadcast on ESPN+.