(Photo by: Gil Talbot)
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Continuing its three-match road trip, the Harvard women's volleyball team (5-5, 0-1 Ivy) heads to Cornell (6-5, 1-0 Ivy) and Columbia (6-5, 0-1 Ivy) this weekend, Sept. 28-29, for a pair of Ivy League clashes. First serves are set for 7 p.m. and 5 p.m., respectively, and will be broadcast on ESPN+.
What to Know
- Harvard heads into the weekend at .500 with a 5-5 overall record and is in search of its first Ancient Eight win this weekend after dropping a hard-fought five-set thriller at Dartmouth last weekend to open Ivy League play.
- Four Crimson players recorded double-digit digs last weekend, including a career-high 13 from senior co-captain Brooke Istvan and a team-leading 19 from Anna Uhr.
- Junior Maclaine Fields continues to top the line up in attack percentage, hitting at .357 against the Big Green and .314 overall this season, a mark good for fifth in the Ivy League.
- First-year Bella Almanza tallied a season-high 43 assists against Dartmouth and steadily leads the Crimson in assists per set with 6.33, earning her a spot on the Ivy League Honor Roll list alongside Fields this week.
- Harvard leads Columbia 43-17 in its all-time series, while trailing Cornell 27-35.
Leading the Way
Head coach Jennifer Weiss is in the midst of her 26th season at the helm of the program, where she has accumulated a 145-150 Ivy record, has led Harvard to three Ivy League titles and has guided 80 All-Ivy selections during her tenure.
Harvard will return home to host its first Ivy contests at the Malkin Athletic Center, welcoming Penn and Princeton, Oct. 5-6. Matches are slated to begin at 7 p.m. and 5 p.m., respectively, and will be broadcast on ESPN+.