CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The Harvard women's tennis team moved to 2-0 with a 6-1 victory against Miami (Ohio) at the Murr Center Courts Friday afternoon.
In singles play, Harvard earned a convincing 6-2, 6-2 win from junior Jenna Friedel over Miami's Jordan Ortega Mendez at No. 2. First-year Rachel Eason defeated Milana Lysova, 3-6, 7-6(5), 1-0(12) in comeback fashion while Gonzalez scored her second victory of the afternoon with a 6-1, 6-7(4), 1-0(5) victory against Emily Struble. Juniors Lexi Milunovich and Irene Lu both earned convincing two-set victories to round out the top-six.
- Harvard earns the first victory in program history against Miami (Ohio).
- The duo of Gonzalez and Bassey move to 2-0 on the season with wins against Rhode Island and Miami.
- Irene Lu moves to 2-0 on the season with convincing wins in both matches this season.
The Crimson will have a quick turnaround, preparing for a doubleheader against Fordham (10:00 a.m.) and Marist (1:30 p.m.) on Sunday at the Murr Center Courts. Both matches will be broadcast on ESPN+.
Harvard 6, Miami (Ohio) 1
Murr Center Courts, Cambridge, Mass.
1. Erica Oosterhout / Rachel Lim def. Brindtha Ramasamy / Jordan Ortega Mendez 6-1
2. Annika Bassey / Natasha Gonzalez def. Milana Lysova / Priyana Kalita 6-4
3. Emily Struble / Melati Devi def. Anna Li / Rachel Eason 6-4
1. Brindtha Ramasamy def. Erica Oosterhout 4-6, 6-2, 1-0(7)
2. Jenna Friedel def. Jordan Ortega Mendez 6-2, 6-2
3. Rachel Eason def. Milana Lysova 3-6, 7-6(5), 1-0(12)
4. Natasha Gonzalez def. Emily Struble 6-1, 6-7(4), 1-0(5)
5. Lexi Milunovich def. Priyana Kalita 6-4, 6-2
6. Irene Lu def. Melati Devi 6-2, 6-2