Harvard earned victories from No. 4-6 singles (Athletic Communications)
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – After facing a 3-1 deficit midway through the match, Harvard women's tennis had its rally cut short, falling to Brown 4-3.
The Crimson (7-11, 0-6 Ivy) earned singles victories from Ellen Jang-Milsten, Amy He and Amanda Lin. Jang-Milsten topped Brown's (10-9, 3-3 Ivy) Nikita Uberoi in straight sets at the fourth position, 6-3, 6-0, and He dropped the Bears' Maddie Stearns, 7-5, 6-4. Lin earned a three-set victory, 6-2, 2-6, 6-2.
He and Jang-Milsten continued their success in doubles, winning in the second slot, 8-5. Brown picked up wins from the first and third pairs to take the doubles point.
Harvard closes its season at home with Senior Night on Saturday, April 25 against Dartmouth. The doubles matches will begin at 2 p.m.
- Monica Lin (H) lost to Dayna Lord (B), 6-3, 6-4
- Annika Ringblom (H) lost to Alyza Benotto (B), 2-6, 6-3, 6-4
- June Lee (H) lost to Hannah Camhi (B), 6-1, 6-4
- Ellen Jang-Milsten (H) def. Nikita Uberoi (B), 6-3, 6-0
- Amy He (H) def. Maddie Stearns (B), 7-5, 6-4
- Amanda Lin (H) def. Ammu Mandalap (B), 6-2, 2-6, 6-2
- M. Lin/Ringblom (H) lost to Benotto/Lord (B), 8-6
- He/Jang-Milsten (H) def. Camhi/Stearns (B), 8-5
- Lee/A. Lin (H) lost to Uberoi/Manalap (B), 8-4