Kallenberg won her fifth-straight match from the top singles position (Zack Williamson).
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Returning home after playing its last two contests on the road, No. 48 Harvard women's tennis picked up a victory in a rivalry match over Boston University, 4-3.
Harvard (7-5) leapt out to an early lead after securing the doubles point. Freshmen Nikki Kallenberg and Ellen Jang-Milsten teamed up in the second position for a 6-1 triumph while June Lee and Amanda Lin scored a 6-4 victory from the third slot.
In singles play, Kallenberg recorded her fifth-consecutive win from the top position, 6-1, 6-2, while Annika Ringblom and Lin registered straight-set victories of their own. Ringblom totaled a 6-1, 6-4 triumph while Lin blanked her opponent, 6-0, 6-0.
Harvard begins Ivy League play on April 3 at Cornell and April 4 at Columbia.
- Nikki Kallenberg (HARV) def. Hyoty (BU) 6-1, 6-2
- Davis (BU) def. Monica Lin (HARV) 2-6, 6-4, 6-2
- Kostirko (BU) def. Ellen Jang-Milsten (HARV) 6-1, 4-6, 4-3 (5)
- Annika Ringblom (HARV) def. Rodriguez (BU) 6-1, 6-4
- Amanda Lin (HARV) def. Craft (BU) 6-0, 6-0
- McCallum (BU) def. Sylvia Li (HARV) 6-3, 7-5
- Hyoty/Rodriguez (BU) def. M. Lin/Ringblom (HARV) 6-4
- Kallenberg/Jang-Milsten (HARV) def. Davis/Craft (BU) 6-1
- June Lee/A. Lin (HARV) def. McCallum/Kostirko (BU) 6-4