Kallenberg, Lin earn wins from top two singles positions (Zack Williamson).
LONG BEACH, Calif. – In its last non-conference match away from the Murr Center, No. 40 Harvard women's tennis fell to No. 31 Long Beach State, 4-3.
Harvard got singles victories from the first, second and sixth positions from Nikki Kallenberg, Monica Lin and Amy He. Kallenberg defeated Maeva Razakasoa in three sets, while Lin and He earned straight-set decisions.
The 49ers earned the doubles point to grab an early 1-0 lead, and took the first two singles matches before Harvard stormed back with three-consecutive victories to tie the score, 3-3. The 49ers Julie Gerard won a tight, three-set battle with Ellen Jang-Milsten to finish off the match.
Harvard returns to the Murr Center to finish its non-league schedule against Boston University on March 28. The doubles matches will begin at 2 p.m.
- Nikki Kallenberg (HARV) def. Maeva Razakasoa (LBSU) 7-6, 4-6, 6-3
- Monica Lin (HARV) def. Ebba Unden (LBSU) 6-4, 6-2
- June Lee (HARV) lost to Hayley Thompson (LBSU) 6-1, 6-3
- Ellen Jang-Milsten (HARV) lost to Julie Gerard (LBSU) 6-4, 4-6, 6-3
- Annika Ringblom (HARV) lost to Karolina Rozenberg (LBSU) 6-3, 6-3
- Amy He (HARV) def. Alex Jones (LBSU) 6-4, 6-3
- M. Lin/Lee (HARV) lost to Unden/Thompson (LBSU) 8-4
- Kallenberg/Ringblom (HARV) lost to Rozenberg/Laura Eales (LBSU) 8-6
- Amanda Lin/Jang-Milsten vs. Rzakasoa/Gerard, 7-6, unf.