CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – On an afternoon supporting breast cancer awareness, No. 36 women's tennis won its second contest in a row, topping Stony Brook 5-2. Harvard moved to 6-4 on the season with the victory.
The Crimson was led by five straight-set wins in singles play, including triumphs in each of the top four singles positions. Nikki Kallenberg earned a 6-4, 7-5 victory in the top position to earn her team-leading 16th win of the season. Monica Lin, Ellen Jang-Milsten, Amy He, and Amanda Lin each swept their opponents, as well.
The team showed resilience in the victory, as Stony Brook took an early lead after securing the doubles point. The Seawolves earned positive results from the second and third positions.
Harvard competes next at the Las Vegas Invitational from March 16-18, marking its last individual event of the regular season.
- Nikki Kallenberg def. Polina Movchan, 6-4, 7-5
- Monica Lin def. Kristina Vozniak, 6-3, 7-5
- Ellen Jang-Milsten def. Adey Osabuohien, 6-1, 7-5
- Amy He def. Nadia Smergent, 6-2, 6-0
- Sylvia Li lost to Elizabeth Tsvetkov, 7-5, 6-0
- Amanda Lin def. Louise Badoche, 6-1, 6-3
- M. Lin/Jang-Milsten vs. Badoche/Smergent, 6-6, unf.
- Kallenberg/He lost to Movchan/Nikoleva, 8-3
- Li/A. Lin lost to Vozniak/Tsvetkov, 8-5