Kallenberg, Lin earned victories in top two singles positions (Zack Williamson).
COLLEGE PARK, Md. – In the third contest of a four-match road trip, No. 46 Harvard earned victories in the top-two singles positions but could not top No. 67 Maryland, falling 5-2.
Nikki Kallenberg earned her 14th victory of the season with a defeat of Alexandra Stanova at No. 1 singles. The freshman fell behind early, dropping the first set 6-1, but rebounded to triumph in the final two frames, 6-4 and 6-3. At No. 2 singles, Monica Lin was victorious in a three-set thriller over Ekaterine Tour. After splitting the first two sets, Lin picked up a 10-5 win in the final game.
The Terrapins picked up the early doubles point with wins at the first and second positions, prevailing in 8-4 and 8-7 (7-5) decisions.
Harvard finishes its road trip at George Washington on Saturday, Feb. 22 at 11 a.m.
- Nikki Kallenberg def. Alexandra Stanova, 1-6, 6-4, 6-3
- Monica Lin def. Ekaterina Tour, 7-6, 6-7, 10-5
- Annika Ringblom lost to Nataliya Bredikhina, 6-2, 6-2
- Ellen Jang-Milsten lost to Welma Luus, 6-4, 6-3
- Amy He lost to Olga Bredikhina, 6-3, 5-7, 10-6
- Sylvia Li lost to Olivia Gaudreault, 6-3, 6-3
- M. Lin/Jang-Milsten lost to Luus/Stanova, 8-4
- Ringblom/Kallenberg lost to Tour/Kristina Hovsepyan, 8-7 (7-5)
- Li/A. Lin vs. Bredikhina/Bredikhina, 7-7, unf.