HARTFORD, Conn. – In a key road contest with No. 3 Trinity, Harvard women's squash shined, defeating the Bantams, 8-1. The Crimson (11-0, 4-0 Ivy) took care of business in front of a packed Kellner Squash Center, winning its ninth-straight against the regional foe. The nation's top-ranked team also improves its record against Trinity to 41-12 all-time.
Harvard started off strong yet again thanks to senior co-captain Gina Kennedy, who bounced back from a first game loss to win, 3-1. Kennedy allowed only 11 points over the final three games, which gave the senior her 34th win in a row.
Junior Hannah Craig kept her perfect record intact with a five-set win at the seventh pairing. Craig's win gave Harvard a 2-1 lead going into the second set of matches.
The match did not stay close for long, as Hana Moataz, Eleonore Evans and Charlotte Orcutt all picked up wins to clinch the match for Harvard. Evans rallied from an 0-2 deficit to come back and claim a 3-2 victory and her 11th win of the season.
The match of the night was at the second singles pairing, as Amelia Henley shut out her opponent to claim her 46th consecutive victory. Henley outscored her opponent by a combined total of 33-15 in the win. A Maddie Chai win at the sixth pairing brought Harvard's win total to eight.
- Co-captains Gina Kennedy and Amelia Henley both carried on win streaks of 34 and 46, respectively.
- Harvard added to their CSA record 77-match win streak with the decision.
- Eleonore Evans and Hannah Craig both remain a perfect 11-0 on the year.
- The Crimson's combined individual record improves to 90-9.
- The Crimson has now won 24 consecutive true road matchups.
The Crimson will look to clinch at least a share of the Ivy League title this weekend, as it hosts Brown on Friday at the Murr Center Squash Courts and then travels to Yale for a Sunday showdown with the Bulldogs. Match times are slated for 6 p.m. and 1 p.m., respectively. Both matches will be streamed live on ESPN3.
Harvard 8, Trinity (Conn.) 1
1. H- Gina Kennedy d. Min Jie Teh 7-11, 11-6, 11-2, 11-3
2. H- Amelia Henley d. Akanksha Salunke, 11-4, 11-5, 11-4
3. H- Hana Moataz d. Sarahi Lopez, 11-7, 11-2, 11-3
4.TC- Vanessa Raj d. Amina Yousry, 12-14, 11-6 11-7, 11-4
5. H- Eleonore Evans d. Nadiia Usenko 5-11, 2-11, 11-8, 11-8, 11-8
6. H- Maddie Chai d. Lakeesha Rarere, 11-8, 11-9, 11-13, 14-12
7. H- Hannah Craig d. Nanna Carleke, 11-6, 11-7, 7-11, 9-11, 11-2
8. H- Evie Coxon d. Habiba Dawood, 8-11, 11-8, 11-5, 11-3
9. H- Charlotte Orcutt d. Lily Taylor-French, 11-3, 14-12, 11-7