CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The top-ranked Harvard women's squash team (1-0) will host three matches this weekend, including a Saturday doubleheader against No. 5 Stanford at 9:30 a.m. and Cornell at 1 p.m. The Crimson will close out the weekend against No. 7 Columbia on Sunday at 12 p.m. All matches will be broadcast on ESPN+.
What to Know:
- The Crimson come in undefeated in the all-time series against Stanford, 14-0. The team beat the Cardinal 9-0 last year on Jan. 21, 2018.
- The Crimson also boast a perfect record of 25-0 against Cornell, last beating the Big Red Feb. 16, 2018 by a score of 9-0.
- Harvard has beaten Columbia in all eight matches in program history, last defeating the Lions on Jan. 14, 2018.
- Harvard returns to action for the first time in over a month since the team started the season by beating No. 7 Dartmouth, 9-0.
- The Crimson enters the match with a 54-match win streak dating back to the 2014-15 season (Jan. 12, 2015.).
At the Helm:
Gregory Lee '87 and Russell Ball '88 Endowed Coach for Harvard University Mike Way is in his ninth season as the leader of the Crimson. Way surpassed the 100-win mark last season and sports an impressive five Ivy titles, six Howe Cups and six team championships under his regime.
The Crimson will hit the road for two road matches, beginning with a contest against Princeton on Feb. 2 at 2:30 p.m. on ESPN+.