CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The four-time defending national champion and top-ranked Harvard women's squash team begins its season against No. 10 Dartmouth (1-1) on Wednesday at 5 p.m. at the Murr Center Courts. The season opener is to be broadcast on ESPN+.
How to Follow:
Broadcast – ESPN+
Twitter - @HarvardSquash
What to Know:
- The Crimson is coming off its fourth consecutive national championship.
- Harvard currently boasts a 53-game win streak that dates back to Jan. 12, 2015.
- The women earned the No. 1 ranking in the College Squash Association's 2018-19 preseason rankings.
- The team welcomes three new members from the class of 2022, Hana Moataz, Amina Yousry and Grace Steelman.
- The Crimson is led by strong senior leadership from the trio of seniors Sophia Mehta, Sabrina Sohby and Kayley Leonard. The three combined for a 40-2 record last season.
- Harvard leads Dartmouth, 48-3, in the all-time series.
At the Helm:
Gregory Lee '87 and Russell Ball '88 Endowed Coach for Harvard University Mike Way is in his ninth season as the leader of the Crimson. Way surpassed the 100-win mark last season and sports an impressive overall record of 113-5 including five Ivy titles, six Howe Cups and six team championships under his regime.
The team will be off for the holiday break and will return for a doubleheader against Stanford and Cornell on Jan. 12 at the Murr Center Courts and broadcast on ESPN+.