CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The No. 1 Harvard women's squash team officially completed its quest for a third-straight Ivy League title with a 9-0 defeat of No. 10 Brown on Sunday afternoon. The Crimson (12-0, 7-0 Ivy) had clinched a share of its 22nd Ancient Eight crown with a sweep of Yale on Friday, before claiming the title outright today against the Bears (5-9, 0-7 Ivy).
The victory over Brown marked the 50th consecutive win for Harvard. The streak is the second longest in program history, trailing only the 81-match win streak that lasted from the tail end of the 1990-91 season to the start of the 1997-98 campaign.
Gina Kennedy stayed atop the Crimson ladder for the final regular season bout, closing out year with an 12-0 mark. Eleonore Evans, Kayley Leonard, and Sophie Mehta also finished dual play at 12-0, while Alyssa Mehta and Hannah Craig tallied 11-0 marks on the year. Sophomore Annika Engstrom returned to the lineup, earning her third three-game victory of the year.
The Collegiate Squash Association Team Championship begins on Friday in the Murr Center. Following Harvard's first match, the trophy presentation for the women's 2018 Ivy League Championship will occur.
1. Gina Kennedy (H) def. Quincy Beck, 3-0
2. Sabrina Sobhy (H) def. Alexa Jacobs, 3-0
3. Kayley Leonard (H) def. Hannah Seckendorf, 3-0
4. Alyssa Mehta (H) def. Isabel Young, 3-0
5. Sue Ann Yong (H) def. Katrina Northrop, 3-0
6. Eleonore Evans (H) def. Catherine Kimmel, 3-0
7. Sophie Mehta (H) def. Scarlett Bergam, 3-0
8. Hannah Craig (H) def. Hannah Safford, 3-0
9. Annika Engstrom (H) def. Lauren Kotin, 3-0
Ex. Olivia Chapman (H) def. Katherine Pisani, 3-0