CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The No. 2 Harvard women's squash team flew past No. 7 Penn, 8-1, on Sunday afternoon in the Murr Center. The Crimson (10-0, 5-0 Ivy League) swept seven matches to extend its winning streak to five matches against the Quakers (6-5, 2-3 Ivy League).
The Crimson stormed out to a three-point advantage after the first pairing. At No. 2, sophomore Gina Kennedy picked up her first win against Penn's Melissa Alves, while captain Sue Ann Yong and freshman Hannah Craig added sweeps of their own at No. 6 and No. 9, respectively.
Alyssa Mehta and Eleonore Evans put the match away for the Harvard during the second grouping. Evans never allowed more than four points at No. 7, while Mehta carried the momentum from an extra-point win in her second game into a dominant victory in the final frame of her contest.
1. Reeham Sedky def. Sabrina Sobhy (H), 3-0
2. Gina Kennedy (H) def. Melissa Alves, 3-0
3. Kayley Leonard (H) def. Marie Stephan, 3-1
4. Alyssa Mehta (H) def. Haley Scott, 3-0
5. Amelia Henley (H) def. Lindsay Stanley, 3-0
6. Sue Ann Yong (H) def. Julia Buchholz, 3-0
7. Eleonore Evans (H) def. Cameron Munn, 3-0
8. Sophie Mehta (H) def. Clare Kearns, 3-0
9. Hannah Craig (H) def. Nicole Windreich, 3-0
Ex. Annika Engstrom (H) def. Margaret Frantz, 3-0