CAMBRIDGE, Mass.- Women's rugby (5-1) is set for a showdown with rival Dartmouth (2-2) for the Ivy championship on Saturday, Oct. 26 at 11 a.m.
What to Know:
- Harvard is 2-0 against Dartmouth in Ivy Championship matchups, including last year's win, 12-3.
- The Crimson blew past Dartmouth earlier this season in their first matchup, 50-32.
- The team is coming off four straight wins to end the regular season, including big victories on the road at both Notre Dame College and Brown.
- Junior Arianna Romero leads the Crimson in tries with seven, totaling 37 points on the year.
- First-year Brogan Mior has scored at least one try in each game she has played in this season and leads the team in scoring with 62 points.
- 22 different players have contributed either a try or conversion to the scorebook this season.
At the Helm
Mel Denham returns for her third season with the Crimson. She is coming off a school best 19-5 record between 15s and 7s with an Ivy Tournament title, a bronze medal finish at USA rugby 7s nationals, and an appearance in the NIRA national championship.
Harvard will wait to see who they draw for the semifinal round of the NIRA playoffs. That game is scheduled to be played on Saturday, Nov. 9 at a location and time TBD.