CAMBRIDGE, Mass.- Fresh off a bye week, women's rugby readies for its second meeting with Quinnipiac on Saturday, Oct. 5 at noon. The game will be broadcast on ESPN+.
This match with Quinnipiac is the team's feature game and senior day, with the first 50 students receiving RedBones. Additionally the first 100 fans at the game will receive fanny packs and fans can participate in a kicking contest at half time.
What to Know
- The Crimson is coming off a big win in its home opener against Ivy rival Dartmouth two weeks ago. Achele Agada and Emily Prentice had a game-high two tries.
- Harvard made a statement in its season opener on the road, defeating Quinnipiac 57-10. Sofie Fella and Arianna Romero each had two tries in for the Crimson in the first meeting.
- First-year Brogan Mior leads the team with a total of 22 points
- Six players are tied as the team leader in tries with two: Cassidy Bargell, Brogan Mior, Sofie Fella, Arianna Romero, Emily Prentice and Achele Agada.
- 15 different players have contributed to scoring for the Crimson this season.
- The Crimson holds a 6-5 all-time series lead in 15s matchups over the Bobcats, who come in with a 2-2 record.
At the Helm
Mel Denham returns for her third season with the Crimson. She is coming off a school best 19-5 record between 15s and 7s with an Ivy Tournament title, a bronze metal finish at USA rugby 7s nationals, and an appearance in the NIRA national championship.
Harvard will travel to Ohio to face Notre Dame College on Saturday, Oct. 12. The game time and broadcast are to be announced at a later date.