HAMDEN, Conn.- Harvard women's rugby (1-0) opened the season with a bang after a 57-10 win over Quinnipiac (0-1). The Crimson followed a score by Quinnipiac with 45 unanswered points.
Harvard continued its success at the start of the second half with seniors Delia Hellander and Robyn Beese leading the charge with tries of their own to stretch the lead to 38-5. First-year Brogan Mior then contributed to the 45 unanswered points by the Crimson with a try in the 57th minute to make the score 45-5.
Following a Quinnipiac score, Romero broke free to score her second try of the day. Junior Sabrina Kim capped the game off with a try in the 79th minute to make the final score 57-10.
- Brogan Mior scored her first career try as well as totaling six conversions.
- The Crimson scored 45 unanswered points that stretched 60 minutes from the first to second half.
- Romero and Fella both had a game high two tries.
- The win earns Harvard its fourth-consecutive season opening victory.
- The Crimson takes the series lead in 15s matchups against Quinnipiac 6-5.
Harvard will head to New York to face Army West Point in its second road contest of the year on Saturday, Sept. 7 at noon.