HANOVER, N.H.– The second-ranked Harvard women's rugby team (8-1) used 19 total points from senior Jenny Kronish to defeat No. 3 Quinnipiac, 47-8. With the win, the Crimson moves on to the NIRA Championship game against No. 1 Dartmouth on Sunday at 1 p.m. at Dartmouth's Scully Fahey field.
The Crimson went on the attack early, beginning with a Kronish try just five minutes into the game. Quickly after, senior Caitlin Weigel charged through the defense for another score. Kronish added a conversion to extend the Crimsons lead to 12-0.
Junior Delia Hellander continued the hot start for the Crimson offense, adding a try to push the lead to 18-0. After a successful Quinnipiac kick, Kronish answered with a kick of her own to make the score 22-3. Quinnipiac scored its lone try of the game late in the first half, but was answered by Kronish's second try of the game, giving Harvard the lead, 29-8, at the half.
Harvard controlled the entirety of second half scoring. Kronish booted two three-point kicks to make it 35-8. Senior Susie Clements added her second score of the season, followed by Weigel's second try to put the game out of reach.
- The Crimson put up 18-unanswered points to start the game.
- With two try's today, Weigel extends her team-lead to 11.
- Kronish totaled 19 points on two try's and three kicks.
- The Crimson advances to the NIRA Championship game against Dartmouth on Sunday at 1 p.m.
- This is the first appearance in the NIRA National Championship in program history.
- Harvard extends its win streak to six games.
Harvard advances to the NIRA Championship game Sunday Nov. 18 at 1 p.m. against Dartmouth. The game will be played on Dartmouth's Scully Fahey field and broadcast on ESPN+.