CAMBRIDGE, Mass.– The second-ranked Harvard women's rugby team (7-1) will face third-ranked Quinnipiac (4-4) with a berth into the NIRA National Championship game on the line. Kick-off will be at 3 p.m. on Friday November 16 at Dartmouth's Scully-Fahey field and broadcast on ESPN+.
What to Know:
- The Crimson comes into the NIRA semifinals after a win against American International College 54-7 in quarterfinal play last week.
- The Crimson enters on a five game win streak, including an Ivy Championship win against Dartmouth.
- Harvard has beaten Quinnipiac twice this season, including the season opener on the road 32-19 and at home 24-21.
- Senior Caitlin Weigel is on a five-game try streak and leads the team with nine try's.
- First-year Cassidy Bargell scored two try's last week in her return from an injury early in the season.
At the Helm:
Harvard Head Coach Mel Denham is in her second season with the team. In her inaugural season, she posted a 21-14-1 record across 15s and 7s play. This is her second straight appearance in the NIRA semifinals.
The winner of the semifinal matchup will move on to the championship game set for Sunday at 1 p.m. at Dartmouth and broadcast on ESPN+.