Harvard was victorious in its debut for the second-straight season (Gil Talbot).
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The No. 7 women's rugby team kicked off its season at No. 9 West Chester, defeating the Rams 61-0. The Crimson secured 11 tries and three successful conversions in the victory.
Four different players delivered points for the Crimson in the first half, giving Harvard a 27-0 lead at halftime. Junior Akweley Okine notched her first try of the season to kick off Harvard's domination of the game. Sophomore Dominique Cantave earned two tries, leading the Crimson with ten points against the Rams. Six different players scored in the second half, including freshman Sabrina Kim who claimed the last score of the day, lifting the Crimson past the Rams 61-0.
- Sophomore Dominique Cantave touched down for two tries against the Rams. Cantave earned two tries during the fall 2016 season, one against Brown and another against Cornell.
- Sophomore Delia Hellander secured a try and a conversion.
- Ten different members of the Crimson tallied points against West Chester.
- Harvard moves to 6-0 in series history, and 2-0 at West Chester.
- The Crimson won its season-opener for the second-straight season, after topping Navy in the debut last year.
- Harvard has two more road contests during the regular season, at Army West Point and Brown.
Harvard treks to Army for a 1 p.m. matchup on Saturday, Sept. 16. The contest will be broadcast on GoArmyWestPoint.com.