CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The No. 10/10 Harvard women's hockey team (13-10-1, 12-5-1 ECAC Hockey) is set to faceoff against Boston College (14-12-3, 13-9-2 Hockey East) in the Beanpot consolation matchup on Tuesday, Feb. 11 at 5 p.m. This will be the second time the Crimson takes on the Eagles this season after thrashing them 7-1 on New Year's Eve at Conte Forum. Locally, the game will be streamed on NESNplus while it will be available on CBS All Access elsewhere in the United States.
What to Know
- Three of Harvard's four goalies have played against a combined nine top-10 teams this season. (Dutton – No. 4/4 Cornell, No. 3/2 Northeastern, Larcom – No. 2/4 Cornell, Reed – No. 7/7 Princeton, No. 2/2 Wisconsin, No. 1/1 Minnesota, No. 9/9 Boston College, No. 7/7 Princeton, No. 4/4 Cornell, No. 7/7 Clarkson).
- Earlier this season, Harvard beat Boston College 7-1 at Conte Forum.
- Harvard is playing in just its 13th consolation contest in the Beanpot's 42-year history.
- Dominique Petrie ranks top-10 in the nation averaging 1.53 points per game on 12 goals and 17 assists through 19 games.
- Kristin Della Rovere is slotted 11th in the country with 16 goals in 24 games (0.67 gpg).
At the Helm
One of the most well-known coaches in college hockey, Katey Stone, enters her 25th season as The Landry Family Head Coach for Harvard Women's Ice Hockey. Throughout her storied career, Stone has coached 13 Olympians, 24 All-America selections, six Patty Kazmaier winners and has accumulated a 476-239-53 overall record, prior to the 2019-20 season.
The Crimson will embark on its final road trip of the regular season this coming weekend at Rensselaer and Union. Puck drops at 6 p.m. on Friday at Rensselaer and 3 p.m. on Saturday at Union.