HAMILTON, N.Y. – In front of a capacity crowd on Kids Day at the Class of 1965 Arena the No. 9/9 Harvard women's hockey team (10-6-1, 9-2-1 ECAC Hockey) dropped a 5-2 decision at Colgate (12-9-4, 6-4-1 ECAC Hockey). Kat Hughes and Kristin Della Rovere notched goals for the Crimson while Beth Larcom made 26 saves between the pipes in her third appearance this season.
Kat Hughes found the back of the net just 4:05 into the opening frame on a rebound shot out front. The Raiders did not respond until late in the second period on a wrister from the slot to tie the score. Less than a minute into the third period, Colgate took its first lead of the game and put two goals between the Crimson with a tally at 1:38. Harvard cut the deficit at 4:01 off the stick of Kristin Della Rovere who tucked the puck into the net from the goal line. The Raiders re-took a two-goal lead at 8:02 and sealed the final score at 5-2 with an empty netter at 19:37.
- Kristin Della Rovere scored her team-leading 14th goal of the season.
- Kat Hughes tallied her seventh goal of the season and finished the afternoon with a plus-one rating.
- Dominique Petrie won 14 of 20 faceoffs.
- Harvard moves to 30-13-3 all-time against Colgate.
- The Crimson and Raiders each blocked 13 shots on goal.
Harvard returns to the ice tomorrow, Jan. 18 at 3 p.m. to take on No. 4/4 Cornell in Ithaca, N.Y.