CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard women's hockey team will test the ice for the first time this season with its annual exhibition contest with McGill on Friday night at the Bright-Landry Hockey Center. Puck drop is set for 6 p.m., admission is free and the contest will be streamed on ESPN+.
What to Know
- In the last two seasons, Harvard has outscored McGill 10-1.
- Six newcomers will take the ice for the first time in a Crimson jersey.
- Harvard returns one of the top goaltenders in the nation, Lindsay Reed, who raked in multiple postseason honors and led all rookie netminders with a .940 save percentage.
- Eight out of Harvard's 10 leading scorers from last season will return to the roster.
- The Landry Family Head Coach for Harvard Women's Ice Hockey, Katey Stone, enters her 25th season leading the program.
At the Helm
One of the most well-known coaches in college hockey, Katey Stone, enters her 25th season as The Landry Family Head Coach for Harvard Women's Ice Hockey. Throughout her storied career, Stone has coached 13 Olympians, 24 All-America selections, six Patty Kazmaier winners and has accumulated a 476-239-53 overall record prior to the 2019-20 season.
The Crimson will officially open the regular season, conference play and Ivy League play on Oct. 25 with a road contest at Dartmouth. Game time is set for 6 p.m. and the contest will air on ESPN+.