(photo credit Harvard Athletics)
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – On Tuesday, Feb. 5, the Harvard women's hockey team (7-11-3, 6-8-2 ECAC Hockey) welcomes crosstown rivals Boston College, Boston University and Northeastern to the Bright-Landry Hockey Center for the 41st annual Beanpot Tournament. Boston University will take on Northeastern in the 5 p.m. semifinal while Harvard will host Boston College in the 8 p.m. matchup. Both games will be broadcast on ESPN+ and NESNPlus.
What to Know
- The Beanpot is the oldest women's hockey tournament in the country.
- Harvard has won 14 Beanpot titles, 11 under Katey Stone, The Landry Family Head Coach for Harvard Women's Ice Hockey.
- The Crimson is 27-13-1 in opening round games.
- Harvard is 16-9-0 against Boston College in Beanpot games.
- Liza Ryabkina '11 will be inducted into the Beanpot Hall of Fame on Tuesday, Feb. 12.
Harvard will continue its weekend slate of ECAC Hockey matchups, traveling to Union and Rensselaer on Friday and Saturday. The Crimson will return home next Tuesday, Feb. 12, participating in either the Beanpot consolation or championship, set for 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. puck drops, respectively.