(photo credit Gil Talbot)
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – In its second contest of the weekend, the Harvard women's hockey team (4-8-2, 3-5-1 ECAC) dropped a narrow 1-0 decision to Quinnipiac (7-11-3, 6-5-1 ECAC) on Saturday afternoon at the Bright-Landry Hockey Center.
Kat Hughes and Bradley Fusco flexed their offensive muscles with six and five shots on goal respectively. Kyra Willoughby recorded four blocks to lead the defense while Lindsay Reed stopped 32 of 33 shots for a .970 save percentage on the day.
- Kat Hughes led the offense with six shots on target.
- Lindsay Reed made 32 saves in net, the eighth time this season she's made 30 or more saves.
- Kyra Willoughby led the defense with four blocks.
- Harvard held a 33-31 advantage in faceoffs.
- Quinnipiac outshot the Crimson 33-28.
- Both teams went 0-1 on the power-play.
Harvard will return next week for a standalone contest at Dartmouth. The matchup is set for Friday in Hanover, N.H. at 6 p.m.