(photo credit Gil Talbot)
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard women's hockey team is set to close out the fall semester with a pair of games this weekend. On Friday, the Crimson will host the Maine Black Bears for a 6 p.m. contest at the Bright-Landry Hockey Center. It's been 15 years since the two programs faced off and Harvard is unbeaten in nine matchups that took place from 1999-2004. On Saturday, the Crimson will trek up to Coach Stone's alma mater for a 2 p.m. tilt at the Whittemore Center.
How to Follow
Broadcast: vs. Maine (ESPN+) | vs. Maine International Portal | at New Hampshire (YouTube)
Live Stats: vs. Maine | at New Hampshire
Game Notes: Harvard | Maine | New Hampshire
Admission: vs. Maine | at New Hampshire
What to Know
- Lindsay Reed ranks No. 2 in the nation in save percentage and No. 5 among DI netminders in goals against average. Reed was recently invited to attend USA Hockey's Women's Winter Training Camp.
- Kristin Della Rovere was named ECAC Hockey's Rookie of the Month, after tallying her first seven career points in November.
- Harvard is 9-0-0 all-time against Maine, and has not faced the Black Bears since the 2003-04 season.
- The Crimson trails the Wildcats 19-29-4 in the all-time series
- During Friday's game, Harvard will be hosting Progressive Giveaway Night. For each end of period where Harvard is winning, each fan will get a prize.
Following winter break, Harvard will open 2019 competition at home, hosting Princeton and Quinnipiac on Jan. 4-5.