(photo credit Gil Talbot)
HAMILTON, N.Y. – The Harvard women's hockey team (1-1-0, 1-1-0 ECAC) was edged 1-0 by No. 9/9 Colgate (4-3-0, 1-0-0 ECAC) on Saturday afternoon. In just her second career appearance, Lindsay Reed stopped 49 shots on net, including 21 in the second period, and denied all four of Colgate's power play opportunities.
It would take the programs until the third period to get on the scoreboard when the Raiders found the back of the net in close range at 3:42 of the final period. Despite over a minute of an empty net in favor of an extra attacker, Harvard was unable to cash in during the final seconds.
- Lindsay Reed made a career high 49 saves.
- Harvard out-blocked Colgate 16-11.
- Kristin Della Rovere paced the offense with five shots on target.
- Neither squad scored on the power play, Harvard going 0-3 and Colgate going 0-4.
- Colgate led in faceoffs 29-26.
The Crimson will continue its road swing next weekend at Quinnipiac and Princeton. Harvard will face Quinnipiac on Friday, Nov. 2 at 6 p.m. before going head-to-head with Princeton on Saturday, Nov. 3 at 3 p.m.