CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Hitting the course for the second-consecutive weekend, Harvard women's golf will travel to Fox Hollow in Branchburg, New Jersey for Matchplay Madness, hosted by Princeton April 6-7. Harvard is matched up with Brown in the first round, while Delaware, Wagner, Penn, Columbia, Dartmouth and the host Tigers will compete.
Setting the Scene
The Crimson will face three opponents in heads up action, starting with Brown on Saturday, April 6. Six players will compete per team, and Harvard will face either Princeton or Dartmouth in the second round, and the full bracket can be found here. The course runs 5,827 yards with a par of 70.
How to Follow
Scoring – Updated after each round: GolfStat.com
What to Know
• The Crimson competed in four tournaments in the fall, including a second-place finish at the Dartmouth Invitational and a fourth-place result at the Princeton Invite.
• Harvard hosted an invitational in Florida March 30-31, taking second place. First-year Elizabeth Wang led the Crimson with an even-par 216, including one round of two-under 70.
• Wang leads the Crimson with a 71.57 average across seven rounds, including a team-low 18 holes of 69 in the second round of the Dartmouth Invitational this fall.
• Senior Anna Zhou, first-year Anina Ku and senior Michelle Xie joined Wang with top-10 outings a week ago. Ku and Xie have each played a team-leading 13 rounds, averaging 73.8 and 76.1 strokes per 18, respectively.
• Xie enters the spring as the reigning Ivy League individual champion, with four tournament wins over the course of her career.
Harvard will look for its first Ivy League title since 2016, when it capped a run of five-straight, at the 2019 Ivy League Championships. The action will run from April 19-21 in Ringoes, New Jersey at The Ridge at Back Brook.