SARASOTA, Fla. – After besting its score by ten strokes from round one to round two and another eight strokes from round two to round three, the Harvard women's golf team won its host tournament at the Oaks Club in Sarasota, Fla. on Sunday afternoon. The Crimson posted a combined score of 902, plus-38, beating out Delaware by just three strokes.
Beyond the Crimson and Blue Hens, Rollins College was slotted third with an overall score of 9907, while Princeton (910) and Richmond (922) rounded out the top five. Rollins College's Seher Atwal took the individual title after carding rounds of 74, 74 and 70 to finish two-above par.
Harvard placed four of five golfers in the top-15 individually en route to the team title. Belinda Hu led the Crimson, tying for fifth place with rounds of 72, 77 and 74 for an overall score of 223, plus-seven. Michelle Xie and Lita Guo finished one and four strokes off Hu respectively, taking seventh and 11th, with Xie one stroke off her career low round and Guo bouncing back from a rocky first round.
Round One Highlights
- Belinda Hu shot six birdies in round one, the most of any player in the tournament
- Hole 15 was the toughest for the tournament field in round one, players collectively averaging +0.69 strokes on the 498-yard par five.
Round Two Highlights
- Harvard ranked in the top three on par three, four and five holes. The Crimson averaged 3.33 strokes on par 3s (third), 4.38 strokes on par fours (third), and 5.13 strokes on par fives (second)
- Belinda Hu was tied for third in the tournament after two rounds, just one stroke off the top spot.
- Lita Guo and Anna Zhou ranked in the top-10 with 23 at par holes apiece through two rounds.
Round Three Highlights
- Chloe Belle Hooton posted the best tournament average on par three holes. (3.00)
- Jessica Luo was one of only three players to record an eagle through the entire tournament.
Next up, the Crimson will shift its attention to preparing for the Ivy League Championships. The tournament is set for April 20-22 at Metedeconk National Golf Club in Jackson, N.J.