CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard track and field team heads to Houston for its first meet of the 2019 outdoor season, the Victor Lopez Invitational, on Friday, March 22-23, at Rice University. The meet will begin at 9:10 p.m. EST on Friday and at 12 p.m. EST on Saturday.
What to Know
- The Harvard women's team is coming off a second-place finish at Indoor Heps. The team had seven All-Ivy selections, including four individual champions.
- The men's team placed third at indoor Heps, also having seven All-Ivy selections, but with five individual champions and the 4x400m relay title.
- Simi Fajemisin is Harvard's lone returner who attended the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships last season. At the meet, she earned All-American honorable mention honors with her finish.
- The men's team returns three of the four runners (Jovahn Williamson, Myles Marshall and Rodney Agyare-May) that won the 4x400m relay Outdoor Heps title last year. That trio, with the addition of Kahlil Wassell, won the 4x400m relay at indoor Heps last month.
- A year ago, the women's team placed second at Outdoor Heps, while the men finished in sixth.
Harvard is back on the road, splitting up to attend the Texas Relays, Raleigh Relays, and the UMass Lowell Invitational on March 28-30th.