CAMBRIDGE, Mass.—The Harvard ski team is gearing up for the UNH Carnival this weekend, Jan. 18-19, in Jackson, N.H. The alpine squad is set to compete on Cannon Mountain in Franconia, N.H. while the nordic team will race at Jackson XC in Jackson, N.H. Harvard returns to UNH for the first time since the 2016-17 season.
Event: UNH Carnival
Dates: Jan. 18-19
Venue: Cannon Mountain (alpine), Jackson XC (nordic)
Location: Franconia, N.H. (alpine), Jackson, N.H. (nordic)
- Friday – 9:30 a.m. (alpine), 10 a.m. (nordic)
- Saturday – 9 a.m. (alpine), 9:30 a.m. (nordic)
Start Lists and Results: click here.
What to Know
- Last weekend, Harvard opened its season at the St. Lawrence Carnival, placing 10th overall with 328 points.
- Senior Hannah Hardenbergh took a commanding eighth place finish in the 5K freestyle event to open her senior campaign in Lake Placid, N.Y.
- Alpine co-captain Nellie Ide led the charge for the Crimson downhill skiers, taking home 31st in the giant slalom and 38th in the slalom.
- The men's nordic first-years made an impression in their first collegiate carnival, with James Kitch pacing the pack with an 18th place finish in the 10K classic.
- This weekend marks Harvard's first appearance at the UNH Carnival since the 2016-17 season.
After a quick hiatus, the Crimson returns to the slopes on Feb. 1-2 for the UVM Carnival in Stowe, Vt.