CAMBRIDGE, Mass.- In its second-straight NCAA appearance, the Harvard softball team (25-17) will face No. 6 Arizona in the opening round of the NCAA Tucson Regional on Friday, May 17 at 11:30 EST. Broadcast will air on ESPN2.
What to Know
- Harvard and Arizona last met each other during the 2011 NCAA regional on May 20. The Crimson fell to the Wildcats 10-0 (six innings). The Crimson's last NCAA tournament victory came during the 2012 Washington Regional when Harvard bested Texas Tech and Maryland.
- Senior pitcher Katie Duncan has played a vital role in the Crimson's conference success, posting a 13-2 Ivy record and 17-2 overall mark to earn back-to-back Ivy League Pitcher of the Year accolades.
- Entering regional play, Harvard ranks 56th among Division I schools in runs scored.
- Fellow senior Meagan Lantz leads the Crimson offensive attack with a .333 batting average, 12 doubles, 26 RBI's and four home runs.
- Harvard set a new all-time runs scored during an Ivy League Playoff Series with a combined 21 runs and is the first team to score double-digit runs multiple times in a playoff series.
- Eight Crimson athletes collected All-Ivy honors, the most of any Ivy League team, in addition to Duncan being tabbed Ivy League Pitcher of the Year.
With a double elimination setup, the Crimson will play Saturday, May 18 against either Colorado State or No. 24 Auburn. Broadcast for either contest will air on any one of the ESPN family networks.