CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Harvard men's water polo team is set to continue conference play at home with matches against Iona, Princeton and No. 17 St. Francis (N.Y.), Nov. 2-3. The Crimson will open up weekend play on Saturday with an early morning contest against St. Francis at 9 a.m. followed by a night match with Iona at 8 p.m. Harvard will then face No. 18 Princeton on Sunday at 3 p.m. to close out the weekend.
What to Know
- The Crimson at 22-0, is currently the only remaining undefeated team in the CWPA and has already broken program recording its best start to the season and longest win streak.
- Harvard has already defeated Iona, Princeton and St. Francis (N.Y.) in matchups that took place earlier in the season.
- There are three players for the Crimson who have scored 40 or more goals so far this season, senior captain Charlie Owens, junior Dennis Blyashov and sophomore Alex Tsotadze.
- Sophomore Noah Hodge currently has 164 saves and is seventh all-time in single season saves in program history.
- First-year Nathan Wu is the reigning NWPC Defensive Player and Rookie of the Week.
The Crimson will close out the 2019 regular season with two more home matches, Nov. 9-10, playing Brown on its Senior Day and MIT the following day.