CAMBRIDGE, Mass.- The No. 9 Harvard men's water polo team flies to California for the Aggie Round up hosted by No.8 UC Davis. The Crimson will open the tournament with the Aggies on Sat., Sept. 15 at 11 a.m. followed by No. 3 California at 5:15 p.m. Harvard concludes the weekend on Sunday with an 11 a.m. competition against Chapman and Whittier at 4:15 p.m.
How to Follow
Broadcast: via a YouTube live stream here
What to Know
- The Crimson now is 5-2 on the season, having swept the Princeton Invitational last weekend.
- Sophomore Dennis Blyashov leads the Crimson with 20 goals on the season.
- Junior Austin Sechrest earned NWPC Player of the Week honors after putting up 12 goals on the weekend. Sechrest ranks second on the team with 19 goals.
- Sophomore Nikhil Suri and freshman Noah Hodge garnered NWPC Co-Defensive Player of the Week honors, totaling 23 saves over the weekend.
- This marks the second time the Crimson and Aggies will battle this season. Harvard leads the all-time series 6-5 after a win at the Bruno Classic earlier this season.
- The matchup between California and Harvard will be the seventh in program history.
The Crimson continues training before opening conference play at Iona and St. Francis on Sept. 29 and Princeton on Sept. 30.