CHARLESTON, W.V. – Harvard men's volleyball dropped a road EIVA match at Charleston on Friday, March 1, 3-1. Leading the way for Harvard was Matthew Ctvrtlik, who had 31 assists and seven digs on the evening.
Offensively, Harvard was led by Griffin Schmit, who had 11 kills on the night. Following Schmit was Adam Gordon, who had seven kills, as well as Trevor Dow and Campbell Schoenfeld, who each had six. Ctvrtlik and Schoenfeld each had two service aces on the match.
Defensively, the Crimson was led by Ctvrtlik and Schmit. Schmit tallied five digs while also having four total blocks. Outside Hitter Adam Gordon set a new career-high with two solo blocks on the night. Jason Shen also had six digs throughout the match while Ryan Hong had four total blocks.
- Adam Gordon set a new career-high with two solo blocks.
- Matthew Ctvrtlik tallied 31 assists, giving him nine matches this season with 30 or more.
- Griffin Schmit registered double-digit kills for the fifth time this year.
- Harvard had more digs than Charleston (W.V.), 27-26.
- This is the eighth time this season the Crimson have had more solo blocks than its opponent.
Harvard is back in action tomorrow night, Saturday, March 1, against Charleston with a 6 p.m. start time.