CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Harvard men's volleyball heads south to Charleston (W.V) for a pair of EIVA matches on Friday, March 1 at 7 p.m. and Saturday, March 2 at 6 p.m. Both matches will be streamed online at team1sports.com/ucgoldeneagles.
What to Know
- Harvard sits fifth in the EIVA with a 3-2 record, coming off a five-set victory over NJIT last Saturday.
- Against NJIT, senior middle blocker Trevor Dow set a career high in total blocks (10) and solo blocks (four). He is the only player in the country with four solo blocks in a single match this season. Dow also leads the EIVA with 13 solo blocks this season.
- First-year libero Jason Shen tallied a career-high 19 digs against NJIT. He now sits in third in the conference in digs per set with 2.16.
- Sophomore outside hitter Griffin Schmit is coming off a huge week for the Crimson, hitting 15 kills against EIVA-leading Princeton and posting his first-career double-double against NJIT, registering 20 kills while also recording 15 digs. He sits seventh in the EIVA with 2.95 assists per set while also being 16th with 1.42 digs per set.
- Junior setter Matthew Ctvrtlik is fourth in the EIVA with 8.44 assists per set while also sitting in third in total assists (380). He's topped 40 assists in five matches this season and has had 30 or more assists in all but two contests.
Harvard is off for two weeks and then welcomes EIVA-opponent Sacred Heart to Cambridge on Saturday, March 16 at 4 p.m. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN+.