CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Harvard men's volleyball opens its EIVA season in Fairfield, Conn. at Sacred Heart on Thursday, Jan. 24 at 6 p.m. The Crimson is coming off an unprecedented season, winning the EIVA Tournament title last year to advance to its first-ever NCAA Tournament appearance.
What to Know
- Last season, Harvard won its first-ever EIVA Tournament championship and advanced to its first NCAA tournament in program history.
- Harvard is 30-9 all-time against Sacred Heart, including a sweep of both matches last season.
- First-year Jason Shen is fourth in the EIVA with 34 digs and 2.13 digs per set.
- Erik Johnsson (2.12 k/s) and Campbell Schoenfeld (2.00 k/s) pace the Crimson offense that is averaging 8.94 kills per set.
- Harvard has an EIVA-high 12 solo blocks this season, led by first-year Ryan Hong who has four of his own.
The Crimson is back in Cambridge for a pair of home matches against Ball St. and Purdue Fort Wayne on Friday, Feb. 1 and Saturday, Feb. 2 with both matches beginning at 7 p.m.