PHILADELPHIA—The Harvard men's tennis team punched its ticket to the ECAC Championship Final with a 4-2 win over Princeton. With today's victory, Harvard moves to 7-3 (0-0 Ivy) on the season.
Princeton opened the day with a 6-4 victory over Christopher Morrow and Lane Leschly in the No. 3 doubles spot. Harvard quickly rebounded, with No. 53 doubles team Andy Zhou and Logan Weber evening the score at 1-1 with a decisive 6-4 win over Princeton's No. 1 doubles team. Robert Wrzesinski and Brian Shi ultimately clinched the doubles point for the Crimson after an intense 7-6(5) tiebreaker victory on court 2.
Moving into singles, the Tigers were quick to even up the score with an early victory on court six, taking down Constantin Zoske, 6-3, 6-2. Although Steven Sun pushed Harvard back into the advantage with a 6-3, 6-2 victory in the No. 5 position, Princeton leveled the score once more, taking down Andy Zhou 6-1, 6-4 in the top spot. Robert Wrzesinski captured a straight-sets 6-4, 6-4 victory in the No. 2 spot to push Harvard to 3-2 before first-year Harris Walker secured the victory for the Crimson on court 4, 6-4, 6-3.
-First-Year Harris Walker punched the Crimson's ticket to the ECAC Championship Final, taking down Princeton on court 4, 6-4, 6-3.
-Steven Sun remains undefeated in singles play, earning a straight sets victory over Princeton, 6-3, 6-2.
-Harvard improves to 55-46 over the Tigers with today's victory.
Harvard goes head-to-head with Penn in the ECAC Championship Final at 3 p.m.
1. Ryan Seggerman def. Andy Zhou, 6-1, 6-4
2. Robert Wrzesinski def. Damian Rodriguez, 6-4, 6-4
3. Brian Shi vs. Karl Poling, DNF
4. Harris Walker def. Bill Duo, 6-4, 6-3
5. Steven Sun def. Davey Roberts, 6-3, 6-2
6. Will Peters def. Constantin Zoske, 6-3, 6-2
Order of Finish: 6, 5, 1, 2, 4*
1. Andy Zhou/Logan Weber def. Ryan Seggerman/Damian Rodriguez, 6-4
2. Robert Wrzesinski/Brian Shi def. Karl Poling/Justin Barki, 7-6(5)
3. Bill Duo/Payton Holden def. Christopher Morrow/Lane Leschly, 6-4
Order of Finish: 3, 1, 2