WINSTON-SALEM, N.C.—The Harvard men's tennis team concluded its fall schedule this weekend at the Wake Forest Fall Classic with commanding doubles performances. The pairings of Christopher Morrow and Robert Wrzesinski and Michael Peters and Harris Walker each brought home first-place finishes in their brackets to cap their impressive fall doubles run.
Opening their weekend with a 6-4 upset over first-seed Brian Cernoch and Arturo Schmidt from North Carolina, Morrow and Wrzesinski moved on to face Raphael Lambling and Daniel Rodrigues from South Carolina, defeating the duo 6-1 to move onto the finals. Matched up against Duke's Spencer Furman and Jason Lapidus, Morrow and Wrzesinski capped their weekend with a 6-4 victory to earn first in their doubles bracket.
After a strong opening 6-2 victory over UNC-Greensboro's Logan Blaser and Roger Rogowski, Walker and Peters moved onto a tough semifinals match, ultimately topping Richmond's Campbell Erwin and Brice Polender 7-6(5) to move onto the finals against Campbell's Bastien Huon and Gerard Sola. In yet another down-to-the-wire tiebreaker, Walker and Peters ultimately came out victorious, beating the Campbell duo 7-6(4) to take first.
Continuing the Crimson's doubles success, Galen Lee and Constantin Zoske battled to a second-place victory in their flight. After facing opponents from Tennessee Tech and Richmond, Lee and Zoske squared off against Harvey Maughan and Drew Lahey from Kennesaw State, falling 6-0 in the finals. The duo of Andy Zhou and Steven Sun wrapped up the doubles competition for the Crimson with a fifth-place finish.
In singles, Steven Sun saw a successful run at Wake Forest, earning fourth place in his bracket with victories over opponents from South Carolina and UNC-Greensboro. Zoske also wrapped up a successful run in Winston-Salem with a fifth-place singles finish in his bracket.
- Doubles pairs Christopher Morrow and Robert Wrzesinski and Michael Peters and Harris Walker each earned first place finishes in their doubles brackets to cap off their successful fall doubles run.
- Galen Lee and Constantin Zoske earned second place in their bracket after falling 6-0 in the final round against opponents from Kennesaw State.
- Andy Zhou and Steven Sun finished their fall doubles run with a fifth-place finish on the weekend.
- After a first-round walkover, Steven Sun battled to a fourth-place finish in his bracket.
- Constantin Zoske posted a commanding fifth-place finish in Winston-Salem after defeating Bastien Huon from Campbell.
The Crimson opens its spring campaign with a doubleheader home opener against Buffalo and Marist on Jan. 18.