NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The Harvard men's tennis team (9-2) fell 4-1 to Dartmouth (12-0) in the ECAC Championship final match today, Feb. 18 at Yale.
Dartmouth won the doubles point to take an early 1-0 lead in the match. Grant Solomon and Christopher Morrow were first defeated in the No. 3 spot, 6-4. Harvard then tied it up with extra games, 7-5 win on court one from Kenny Tao and Logan Weber. The Big Green clinched the point at the No. 2 spot, defeating Jean Thirouin and Andy Zhou, 6-4.
Dartmouth would go on to take the next two points of the match, picking up straight set victories on courts four and three over Robert Wrzesinski and Jean Thirouin. In the No. 2 spot, Andy Zhou gave the Crimson its first and only point of the match, defeating Dartmouth 6-3, 6-3. The Big Green sealed the match on court five as Grant Solomon fell 6-1, 7-5.
The Crimson returns next weekend, Feb. 23-25 for three straight home matches against Old Dominion, Boston University and Northwester. All will be streamed on the Ivy League Network.
1. Kenny Tao/Logan Weber (H) def. Broom/Horneffer (D), 7-5
2. Glasnovic/Ross (D) def. Jean Thirouin/Andy Zhou (H), 6-4
3. Conklin/Fliegner (D) def. Grant Solomon/Christopher Morrow (H), 6-4
Order of Finish: 3, 1, 2
1. Kenny Tao (H) vs. Broom (D), 7-6 (5), 3-1, did not finish
2. Andy Zhou (H) def. Martin (D), 6-3, 6-3
3. Hornedder (D) def. Jean Thirouin (H), 6-4, 6-2
4. Fliegner (D) def. Robert Wrzesinski (H), 6-2, 6-1
5. Riccardi (D) def. Grant Solomon (H), 6-1, 7-5
6. Constantin Zoske (H) vs. Conklin (D), 6-3, 5-3, did not finish
Order of Finish: 4, 3, 2, 5