ITHACA, N.Y. – Harvard men's tennis (12-9) fell in its Ivy League opener at Cornell, 4-1, Saturday afternoon at the Reis Tennis Center.
The Crimson dropped the doubles point, falling at the No. 1 and No. 2 positions. Sophomore Kenny Tao earned the lone singles point, outlasting Chris Vrabel in three sets, 6-3, 2-6, 6-3.
The Big Red posted straight-set wins at the No. 2, No. 4 and No. 6 positions.
Harvard continues to New York City to take on No. 28 Columbia
1. David Volfson (CORN) dnf. Nicky Hu (HARV)
2. Colin Sinclair (CORN) def. Sebastian Beltrame (HARV) 7-5, 6-4
3. Kenny Tao (HARV) def. Chris Vrabel (CORN) 6-3, 2-6, 6-3
4. Stefan Vinti (CORN) def. Andy Zhou (HARV) 6-4, 6-3
5. Kelvin Lam (HARV) dnf. Bernardo Casares Rosa
6. Karlo Lozic (CORN) def. Jean Thirouin (HARV) 6-4, 6-4
1. Colin Sinclair/David Volfson (CORN) def. Nicky Hu/Brian Yeung (HARV) 7-6
2. Bernardo Casares Rosa/Chris Vrabel (CORN) def. Jean Thirouin/Sebastian Beltrame (HARV) 6-4
3. Dylan Brown/Stefan Vinti (CORN) dnf. Kenny Tao/Andy Zhou (HARV) DNF