CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Harvard men's tennis (8-5) dropped a 4-3 decision to St. John's (12-3) Friday evening at the Murr Tennis Center. The Crimson was led by senior captain Nicky Hu, who posted a straight-sets win over Lucas Hejhal at the No. 1 slot.
The Crimson went behind early, dropping the doubles point. St. John's went ahead 2-0 with a win at the No. 3 spot. Hu put Harvard on the board with his win from the No. 1 position. The Crimson gained some momentum, as senior Kelvin Lam won his eighth-straight from the No. 6 spot, defeating Dusan Vukucevic (6-3, 6-3). Sophomore Kenny Tao upended Vaidik Munshaw (6-3, 7-5) to give Harvard a 3-2 advantage.
St. John's responded with two-straight wins to earn the slight 4-3 win.
Harvard will be back at the Murr Tennis Center Sunday for No. 15 Northwestern and Bryant. Fans are encouraged to come out for free pizza.
1. Hu, Nicky (HARV) def. Lucas Hejhal (SJUMT) 7-6, 6-1
2. Daniel Skripnik (SJUMT) def. Beltrame, Sebastian (HARV) 6-4, 7-6
3. Roberto Livi (SJUMT) def. Yeung, Brian (HARV) 6-1, 6-2
4. Tao, Kenny (HARV) def. Vaidik Munshaw (SJUMT) 6-3, 7-5
5. Andrei Crapcenco (SJUMT) def. Zhou, Andy (HARV) 6-2, 7-5
6. Lam, Kelvin (HARV) def. Dusan Vukicevic (SJUMT) 6-3, 6-3
1. Daniel Skripnik/Roberto Livi (SJUMT) def. Yeung, Brian/Zhou, Andy (HARV) 7-6
2. Vaidik Munshaw/Alan Nunez Aguilera (SJUMT) def. Beltrame, Sebastian/Hu, Nicky (HARV) 6-4
3. Lucas Hejhal/Dusan Vukicevic (SJUMT) def. Haughey, Conor/Lam, Kelvin (HARV) 6-2