PHILADELPHIA – The Harvard men's tennis team (7-3) advanced to the second round of the ECAC Championships with a 4-1 win over rival Yale Friday afternoon at Hecht Tennis Center in Philadelphia.
Hu swept Martin Svenning (6-3, 6-1), while Brian Yeung took care of Alex Hagermoser at the No. 2 spot in straight-sets (6-4, 6-3). Kelvin Lam wrapped the match with a 6-3, 6-1 victory over Doehler.
Harvard advances to the second round of the ECAC Championships against the winner of No. 4 seed Cornell and No. 5 seed St. John's. The match will be Saturday, Feb. 13 at 3 p.m.
1. Hu, Nicky (HARV) def. Svenning, Martin (YALE) 6-3, 6-1
2. Yeung, Brian (HARV) def. Hagermoser, Alex (YALE) 6-4, 6-3
3. Tao, Kenny (HARV) vs. Wang, Dennis (YALE) unfinished
4. Andrienko, Fedor (YALE) def. Zhou, Andy (HARV) 6-3, 6-0
5. Lam, Kelvin (HARV) def. Doehler, Stefan (YALE) 6-3, 6-1
6. Thirouin, Jean (HARV) vs. Brown, Nathan (YALE) unfinished
1. Hu, Nicky/Yeung, Brian (HARV) def. Andrienko, Fedor/Doehler, Stefan (YALE) 6-2
2. Beltrame, Sebastian/Tao, Kenny (HARV) def. Brown, Jason/Hagermoser, Alex (YALE) 6-3
3. Svenning, Martin/Photiades, Photos (YALE) def. Lam, Kelvin/Haughey, Conor (HARV) 6-4