PHILADELPHIA, Pa. – The top-ranked men's squash team (10-0, 5-0 Ivy) remains undefeated after battling from an early deficit to take down No. 3 Penn (11-2), 6-3, to close out its road trip Sunday.
First-year Marwan Tarek kept his unbeaten streak alive, taking down Aly Abou El Einen, 11-6, 11-6, 7-11, 11-9. At the team's No. 4 position, Samuel Scherl defeated James Flynn 11-7, 11-9, 11-7. Junior Sean Hughes battled at the team's No. 5 position to a grueling five-set win against Michael Mehl, 6-11, 8-11, 11-2, 11-7, 13-11. No. 6 junior Saadeldin Abouaish impressed with a 11-4, 11-7, 11-8 victory against Karim Tarek.
- Harvard improved its all-time program record to 77-3 against the Quakers.
- The Crimson extended its win streak to 10 games, the longest streak since the 2013-14 season.
- Tarek now owns a nine-game win streak after his victory as the team's No. 2 Sunday.
- First-year George Crowne served as the team's No. 7 and made quick work of his opponent, Yash Bhargava, 11-8, 11-7, 11-5.
- Sophomore Julien Gosset charged back from an 0-2 deficit to win 3-2 against Jonathan Zeitels.
The Crimson return home for a mid-week matchup against rival and No. 2 Trinity on Feb. 6 at 5 p.m. The match will also be broadcast on ESPN+.