CAMBRIDGE, Mass.– The preseason No. 2 Harvard men's squash team will begin its season at home against Northeastern at 6:00 p.m. at the Murr Center courts and broadcast on ESPN+.
How to Follow:
What to Know:
- The Crimson return to action for the first time after a strong 13-3 effort, including a 6-1 record in conference a year ago. The team comes off a second-place finish in the Potter Cup last season.
- The men earned the No. 2 ranking in the College Squash Association's 2018-19 Preseason Rankings, trailing just Trinity College.
- The team returns five athletes that participated in the CSA Individual National Championships, including juniors Saadeldin Abouaish, Timothy Brownell and sophomore Julien Gossett.
- The team features a strong senior class which includes Rana Bansal, Alexi Gosset, Varoun Gulati, Theodore Mendez and Stephen Monrad.
- The Crimson also welcome three newcomers to the roster, Victor Crouin, George Crowne and Marwan Tarek.
- This is only the second meeting with Northeastern with the first coming on Dec. 4, 2011, at MIT. The Crimson swept the Huskies, 9-0.
- This is the first time in program history that a match will be broadcast on the ESPN+ platform.
At the Helm:
Gregory Lee '87 and Russell Ball '88 Endowed Coach for Harvard University Mike Way enters his ninth season as the leader of the Crimson. Way surpassed the 100-win mark last season and sports an impressive overall record of 102-29 including one four Ivy titles, one Potter Cup and three individual national championships under his regime.
The team will have two weeks off before returning to the Murr Center Courts to take on Tufts at 6:00 p.m.