DENVER, Colo. – Senior captain Sam Brown scored the lone goal in Harvard men's soccer's Friday night clash with No. 5 Denver (5-0-1). The Crimson (1-4-0) dropped a 3-1 decision but broke a two-game scoring drought with Brown's goal.
David Paquette manned the net, making a career-high nine saves in his second appearance while Cesar Farias Jr. contributed a shot on goal. Paquette held the Pioneers off the scoreboard until the 24th minute when Andre Shinyashiki benefitted off a turnover and was able to score right out front. In the 27th minute, Denver doubled its lead going one-on-one with Paquette and beating him right side. Midway through the second half, the Pioneers extended their lead to 3-0 when Andre Shinyashiki curled the ball into the far corner. Despite the three goals, Paquette made a career high nine saves on 12 shots on goal from Denver.
In the 77th minute, Sam Brown cracked the scoreboard for Harvard from 20 yards out on a free kick to put the score at 3-1.
- Freshman David Paquette made a career high nine saves.
- Sam Brown scored his first goal of the season.
- Cesar Farias Jr. maintained his perfect shots/shots on goal percentage this season (3/3).
- Harvard goes 0-1 to open the all-time series with Denver.
- The Crimson recorded a season-high eight shots.
The Crimson will make a short trip south of Denver to take on Air Force on Sunday, Sept. 16. at 1 p.m. EST.