CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Kicking off Ivy League action with a win, Harvard men's lacrosse led from start to finish in a 10-8 victory over Brown on Saturday afternoon at Jordan Field.
Senior goalie Robert Shaw made a season-high 17 saves in goal to lead the way, while seven different players scored on the offensive end. Sophomore Kyle Anderson tallied his fourth hat trick of the season with three goals, while freshman Bryn Evans netted his first two career scores. Seniors Morgan Cheek and Joe Lang dished three assists apiece.
Harvard struck first and opened up a 2-0 lead after goals from Evans and Coleman, and the Crimson led 3-1 after one period. Watson Cheek, Tim Edmonds and Spencer Evans scored in the second period, and Harvard maintained its two-goal advantage at halftime.
The Bears drew within one, 6-5, just 37 seconds into the second half, but Harvard rebounded with four-straight goals to assert control. Anderson completed his hat trick in the fourth quarter, and Harvard earned the win in its Ivy opener.
- Shaw made a season-high 17 saves, and moved into seventh place all-time on the Harvard career saves list.
- Anderson had his fourth hat trick of the season, and leads the team with 17 goals this season.
- Cheek extended his point streak to 37 games, and moved into ninth all-time on the Harvard career assists list.
- Harvard improves to 40-34 all-time against Brown, and has won two of the last three meetings.
- Harvard has allowed just eight goals in two-straight games, and is giving up just 10 per game this season.
- The Crimson won its home-opening Ivy League bout
Harvard continues its three-game homestand with Boston University on Tuesday, March 20 at either Harvard Stadium or Jordan Field. The game will be broadcast on NESN and the Ivy League Network.