Sophomore defenseman Adam Fox had three assists in Harvard's 5-4 win over BC in the Beanpot consolation game.
BOSTON, Mass. – In a back-and-forth Beanpot consolation game, senior Seb Lloyd scored at 2:43 of overtime to lift Harvard men's ice hockey (11-10-4) to a 5-4 win over No. 19 Boston College (14-13-3) at TD Garden.
Sophomore goaltender Cameron Gornet made 30 saves in his first career start in net, including five in overtime. Lloyd's game-winner came off a great pass from sophomore defenseman Adam Fox (three assists), who found Lloyd alone in the slot.
Freshman Henry Bowlby and junior Lewis Zerter-Gossage had a goal and an assist each, sophomore defenseman John Marino added a goal, and freshman forward Jack Donato scored his first career goal for Harvard, which won its first Beanpot game against BC since 1998.
Harvard had the game's first power play, and converted, scoring its first goal on the man advantage in six games. Sophomore forward Ty Pelton-Byce's shot from the right point got through on BC goaltender Ryan Edquist, and then Zerter-Gossage was there to put in the rebound at 13:38.
Gornet had a good sequence early in the second period around the 7:00 mark, when he stopped a drive from the point, then kicked away rebound by Ron Greco.
BC scored shorthanded to tie the game at 17:49 on a partial breakaway by Christopher Brown.
Early in the third period, Marino put the Crimson ahead after a great defensive play in the neutral zone by Bowlby set up a 3-on-2 rush for Harvard. Nathan Krusko's initial shot was kicked into the slot, then Marino put in the rebound for his first of the year at 4:21.
On a power-play moments later for Harvard, Bowlby jammed in his own rebound to put the Crimson up 3-1 at 6:34.
A redirection by Logan Hutsko made it a one-goal game once again at 7:01.
BC scored on a power play to make it 4-3 at 17:26, then tied it with an extra attacker on the ice at 18:24, setting up Lloyd's heroics in overtime.
• Junior forward Lewis Zerter-Gossage scored his first career Beanpot goal in the first period.
• Sophomore forward Ty Pelton-Byce (two assists) has points in three straight games.
• Sophomore defenseman Adam Fox matched a career high with three assists on the night.
• Harvard has won five of its last seven Beanpot consolation games and last met BC in this contest in 2015 (L, 3-2 ot).
• The Crimson earned its first win over BC in the Beanpot since 1998 (5-4, ot).
• Harvard improved to 3-2-4 in overtime contests this season, with OT game-winners at St. Lawrence (W, 5-4 - Jan. 20) and against Union (W, 4-3 – Jan. 6) earlier this season.
• Harvard earned its first win over a ranked team this season.