Dramatic Last-Minute TD Leads No. 15/16 Harvard Over No. 22/22 Dartmouth, 14-13, For 21st Straight Win

Harvard preserved its undefeated season with a last-minute 14-13 win over Dartmouth (Gil Talbot).

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- No. 15/16 Harvard trailed for all but 38 seconds against No. 22/22 Dartmouth, but pulled off a come-back in dramatic fashion with 14 unanswered points in the fourth quarter. Scott Hosch found Justice Shelton-Mosley in the waning seconds of the game and Stone Hart blocked an ensuing Big Green FG attempt to preserve Harvard's undefeated season and claim a 14-13 victory.

With the win, Harvard improves to 7-0 on the season and 4-0 in Ivy League play. The Crimson earned its 21st-consecutive victory and extended its program-record Ivy winning streak to 15 games. Hosch improved to a perfect 13-0 as Harvard's starting quarterback, connecting on 24-of-38 passes for 276 yards and two touchdowns. Shelton-Mosley was Hosch's favorite target of the night, hauling in nine receptions for 71 yards, including the game-winning touchdown.

Dartmouth got on the board early as Alex Gakenheimer split the uprights for a 33-yard field goal at the 12:32 mark of the first quarter. Ryder Stone added to the score with a three-yard rushing touchdown, capping off a 17-play, 94-yard drive to put Dartmouth ahead, 10-0, with 2:49 remaining.

Harvard drove deep into Dartmouth territory to open the second quarter, but the Big Green kept the Crimson scoreless by blocking a 31-yard field goal attempt. The Crimson was held scoreless in the first half for the first time since since Penn in 2010.

Fischer set the offense up in Big Green territory with a 53-yard kickoff return to open the third quarter, but Dartmouth's Will McNamara had Hosch's number for the second-straight drive, picking him off at the 27-yard line to put an end to Harvard's opening drive of the second half. The Crimson drove yet again into Dartmouth territory on its ensuing possession, but turned the ball over for its third-straight drive as Dartmouth's Folarin Orimolada forced a Paul Stanton Jr., fumble to regain possession on its 12-yard line. Gakenheimer squeaked in his second field goal of the game from 39 yards out to further Dartmouth's lead to 13-0 with just under two minutes remaining in the third quarter.

Harvard responded with a methodical 47-yard drive to open up the final quarter, setting up first and goal at the Dartmouth one-yard line. However, Dartmouth's defense came up with a goal-line stand, holding Harvard from crossing the end zone on four-straight rushing attempts.

With 6:38 remaining, Seitu Smith II put the Crimson on the board with a 39-yard touchdown reception, reaching out past the grasp of a Dartmouth defender to snatch the ball on fourth and 12.

Harvard's defense forced a much-needed turnover, as Jacob Lindsey punched out the ball from Stone at 2:54 and senior captain Matt Koran recovered the loose ball to set up Harvard's final drive on Dartmouth's 49-yard line.

With 2:54 remaining, Harvard drove down to Dartmouth's goal line with quick passes and short runs. Facing third-and-goal with the game on the line, Hosch rolled-out of the pocket and found Shelton-Mosley in traffic for a two-yard touchdown reception, giving Harvard a 14-13 lead with 38 ticks left on the clock.

On the final drive of the game, Dartmouth drove 36 yards to the Harvard 29-yard line to set up the potential game-winning field goal with one second remaining. Harvard's defense would have the final say, blocking the field goal attempt as time expired to seal the 14-13 victory.

Up next, Harvard will head on the road to face Columbia Saturday, Nov. 7 at 1 p.m.